Today I present you a guide on how to
REVERT TO STOCK OR REFLASH
firmware on the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE5550KL.
This guide is applicable to both types of users ie who use TWRP and who don’t use TWRP.After following this guide your phone will also be unrooted.
For TWRP Users
Here I give you links to two firmwares which you can directly flash via TWRP recovery.
For Stock/Non-TWRP Users
The procedure is a little long here ==>
1. Download the official firmware from asus website.
2. Copy the firmware to the Micro-SD and rename the file (firmware) by one more(version).This renaming should be according to your current firmware version.If you have 17.something firmware and you download 16.something firmware then rename the 16.x.x file to some thing like 17.x.x For eg. if you have 126.96.36.1993 then rename 16.x.x file to 188.8.131.524.
3. Reboot the phone.Android should automatically find the update file and offer to automatically update the software.Do it !!
4. Go to stock Recovery and wipe cache , dalvik cache and data.
5. Reboot device. Your phone will now be unrooted(if it was rooted before).
Source: XDA(Posted by me over there)
Liked This Post ?
Think how much you can learn with more such posts..Get updated in your inbox right away.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.