Hello Everyone, Welcome to TechnoSpace. In this post, I am covering the latest features introduced in MIUI 8 by Xiaomi. This is not a in-depth review or complete list. Its just a small news post covering the new features.So let’s begin.
Xiaomi has announced MIUI 8, the latest MIUI ROM at an event in Beijing along with the Mi Max smartphone. It brings a new design and several new features, including new fonts. Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun said that now there are 200 million MIUI users worldwide .
You may like to read Top 5 Android Apps of August (2016)
Following are the Features of MIUI 8 :
- Redesigned colors: New colors that also changes according to the weather change.
- New Mi Lanting Chinese font: Offers a better mobile reading experience
- Wallpaper Carousel: Sends beautiful images to your lock screen daily. option to select from over 12 image categories
- New Gallery: 90% more space efficient, quick share controls by swiping up, doodle on drawings, video editing with cropping, adding filters, captions and music
- New Notes: Passcode and fingerprint security, beautiful templates for sharing and grid view for better navigation
- Scanner: Generate Wechat/Alipay QR codes, snap and shop on Taobao, solve math problems.
- New Calculator: Advanced calculations and conversions
- Detects scam and fraudulent messages
- Multi-Window management
- Power saving mode: Freezes background app activity, suspends syncs, updates and background tasks
- Limits chain start-ups: Prevents unessential apps from starting up, reduces lags and power consumption
These were just some of the highlights of features of MIUI 8. The actual ROM is packed with tons of improvements and features to for usage as well as show-off.
MIUI 8 developer preview was made available from June 17th for certain devices in China after beta testing from June 1st. Most of the newer devices will be getting the update except for Redmi 1s,2A,1 .
Hope you enjoyed reading it. This post was taken from a Quora Answer written by Sumit Bhatt [Content used with Permission] .As always, for any doubts you can comment below .
Have a nice day !
Liked This Post ?
Think how much you can learn with more such posts..Get updated in your inbox right away.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.